Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newsreal 520 - November 14, 2011 -The last Newsreal-  (Read 2129 times)
Yugosaki
Ranter Level 5

Falling down stairs

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2011, 07:42:14 am »

[Download]

Due to declining listeners and changing life situations, this will be the last episode of newsreal from us. Listen for more info.

-=N3w5R34l=-

In desert war disease new... thanks Juul Verboven

In Cyberpunk world news... thanks The Doctor

In black ICE news... thanks the doctor

In Mad Science news... Thanks fatNINJA

In death from above news.... thanks The Doctor

In gun grabbing news... thanks fatNINJA

In "the drug war is a literal war" news... thanks the doctor

in "what in the actual fuck" news... Thanks the doctor

in big brother news... Thanks Cykros

-=R3C0M3D14=-

Burningman in 5 minutes... thanks juul verboven

How to be in command and out of control ... thanks juul verboven

-=CY83rPuNk K1T=-

Bulletproof clipboard!

-=D41ly h4cks=-

Convert canon FD lenses to EOS mount... thanks juul verboven

End Of Line.   ...thanks Juul Verboven
fatNINJA
Ranter Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:29:13 pm »

First off: thanks guys.  You've both been doing a stand up job the past three months or so.  You two stepped into a pair of mighty big shoes when you decided to pick up the NewsReal torch.  And you have done quiet well with it.  Now... are you doing as good of a job as Sean and Cimm?  Well, no.  But then again they have spent the better part of a decade on the digital air waves, on and off.  You two have been doing this for all of two months and some change.  It would be impossible for you two to have the chemistry that S&C have so soon.  And at the end of the day that's the problem you guys have.  Lack of experience.  You've managed to iron out most of the problems with hot mics and talking over each other excessively.  Misanthropic could use a little bit of work with his over use of the phrase 'ya know'.  Not that I can talk as I do the exact same thing.  If you gave it a bit more time and polish you could have a show that rivaled the original.

Now... that being said I don't advocate you two continuing the show.  Not that I don't enjoy it thoroughly.  But I'd hate to think that you, or anyone, would screw up their life just to bring us all 'entertainment'.  Or would that be edu-tainment?  I don't know if there is word for entertaining news.  Anyway.

I suppose I'll leave that there as I don't really have anything more to add.  Except as a final 'thank you' to both of your guys, regardless of what you end up doing.  It's been a pleasure being a news hound for you two.

V
Ranter Level 5

In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran..........

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

Ditto - good wok guys!

Those who sacrifice freedom for security will lose both and deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Check out: www.r4nger5.com www.standovermedia.tk
avagdu
Ranter Level 5

Son Of Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 04:20:42 pm »

I really enjoyed listening to your episodes of NewsReal, guys.  Regrettably I couldn't attend the live airing but I've diligently grabbed the audio files every week.  It took incredible guts and enthusiasm to continue on with such a popular show.  Don't be disappointed, you guys did great to put out these twenty episodes.  Thanks for your aid in supporting the Rant community.

I have sworn eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

| agorism.info | r4nger5.com | blackvanguard.net
The Doctor
Ranter Level 3

Sick and weird.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 11:00:11 pm »

Twenty episodes - an excellent run for any podcast.  It is a real shame that this is the final one.  You put in a lot of hard work and it showed; things really started to gel in the last two or three episodes.  I did not expect you to be Sean and Cimm - you are different people, after all - but you had your own style, your own way of doing things.  Perhaps some people did not know how to take that, I do not know.

At any rate, thank you for all of your hard work.  You did a good job.

"What is born shall live.  What lives must die.  Between the two, seek the dragonfly."
Maltose
Ranter Level 3

Nomad, Cartographer, Data Librarian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:16:48 pm »

Well done Sirs!

SL Callsign:  Maltose Kincaid

Staging Area with Maltose Kincaid: maltosekincaid.wordpress.com
destined
Ranter Level 5

Throw any thing at the swirl and see where it goes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 07:19:07 am »

Agreed. Well Done. I could only grab the audio mp3 cuts and could not attend the live tapings. Wish you the best in your lives endeavors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: