Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is revolution back on the agenda? - Mark Kosman  (Read 1331 times)
exe
Ranter Level 5

testing avatar

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:30 pm »

Is revolution back on the agenda? - Mark Kosman
http://libcom.org/history/revolution-back-agenda-mark-kosman

Discussed in this article:

• RUSSIAN REVOLUTION
  • NAZI COUNTER-REVOLUTION
  • 1960s REVOLUTION
  • FUTURE REVOLUTION

The ending:
So, to conclude: Is revolution back on the agenda and could it liberate humanity in ways that past revolutions failed to achieve? We cannot precisely predict the future but the anthropological and historical evidence does support an optimistic response to both these questions. Readers of this article may have different interpretations of the same evidence. Nevertheless, our starting point must be that it is only by rethinking all aspects of the Marxist, feminist and anarchist traditions that we can develop new ideas that will be relevant to the revolutionary movements of the 21st century.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:04:17 pm by exe » Logged

"Its futile to dig in, if you cant prevent the enemys artilery to get within range"
CynEater
Ranter Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »

Is revolution back on the agenda?

With out reading the whole artical.

I would say yes.

There is only so much BS people can take.

First they start to talk about what is pissing them off.
I know a lot of people that are pissed off with all the crap that is going on with the world now.
If it got bad enough they would band together with others and who knows.

Intel vs AMD
Microsoft Vs Linux
Black Vs white get over it all out shit is the same colour.
delicatessen
Ranter Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:48:09 pm »

While I would agree with the philosophical argument that we are at a point in which any "normal" society would be up in arms over what is presently taking place in our political system I feel as though we've been conditioned to accept it begrudgingly.  Now that "they" know the level of tolerance and have a better understanding of the "types" of people who will and will not actively work against the system.  Some will camp out, others will make human loud speakers.  The vast majority will continuing listening to corporate-sponsored talk radio as they are spoon fed opinions and a world view conducive to the system that presently exists.  These people will bemoan the goals (or lack thereof) of groups such as the occupy movement.  The government will be more equipped and prepared to undermine the goals of an organized group of people bent on any type of social/political/economic change.  However, I feel there is a growing contingent of individuals who are becoming increasingly aware of our situation and the problems plaguing its structure.  The corporate state would depose leaders of countries, assassinate and wage war upon countries who refuse to bow to our global interests.  Eventually the system will collapse.  It cannot sustain itself under the current paradigm.  Financially it is impossible and there will be a day of reckoning.  Unfortunately, (perhaps it is my cynicism because of history) they will have foreseen this and had effective fore-knowledge of these events.  They might even have a hand in orchestrating them.  In the end, however, power will become even more centralized as the principles of Ordo Ad Chao will play out right before our eyes.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  - Goethe
Mindgrinder
Ranter Level 5

Karma Pirate Ninja Jedi Negative Energy Vampire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:28:39 pm »

!!!RON PAUL!!!
[/size]

I took both pills just to see what would happen and chased it with a 5'th of Magellan Tears.  HUZZAH!
LightReaper23
Ranter Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:46 pm »

Revolution should be back on the menu, however as delicatessen pointed out we've been conditioned to accept the current situation. People tend to be more interested in watching Jersey Shore and Football and don't get me wrong, I don't fault any sports programming, but things need to change or we won't have it anymore if stuff like this keeps up. Right now the internet is in danger of being hit with mass takedown notices, the US and its NDAA declares the whole world a battlefield and contains the right to detain and imprison without due process whomever it wants. Camps are opening up all over the US that have and will be used again, and more and more money is taken via taxes and never seen again. Yes I may have been listening to too much Ales Jones lately but yeah it's just stupid. Not to mention the only one who has even a chance, no matter how small, to correct what's been wronged doesn't even get air time on tv, GA in particular doesn't even show him or mention him, but will talk about Romney and Gingrich like no other, even on occasion Santorum, but Ron Paul? Who's that? No wonder he has no support, it's because the media wants to TELL us who to vote for. Between Romney and Gingrich, I'd rather take a nail in the foot. We have a businessman who's made a fortune screwing over his companies for a quick buck, and an aggressive overlord who wants to not only come full force back to Iraq, but send troops to China, Russia, India, Iran, etc. He wants to aggressively start a war because he claims we're already in one. This is our future. Yep, our future indeed.. Obama isn't a beacon of hope, he is a deceiver who has done nothing but show how much of a puppet he is. We're being driven down further and further, and you can't even step on a plane without being x-rayed, groped, stripped, harassed, and watching our families and children go through the same torment. Why is there not a revolution? Because we're too worried who snookie's banging, or who's leading in the playoffs, or what the latest celebrity buzz is, or even about getting the most facebook friends. We're being brainwashed into accepting all the crap going on around us with open arms and if the brainwashing doesn't work, there's pills for that, there's injections for that. If they can't hypnotize you they'll sure as hell put you into a medical trance. God bless the North American Union.
Loopster
Ranter Level 5

Son Of Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:54 am »

Yeah its frustrating when you can't even get as many people interested in  freedom as you can some dumbass TV show. Kill the TVs and freedom will follow.

Do we need a one world government to have one world freedom?
LightReaper23
Ranter Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 12:38:23 am »

Not like we need TV anyways. There's not a show on tv that I can't just go out and buy. Political debates, however, would be harder to watch, but considering the media's overly biased opinions and media blackouts on people they don't like so.. yeah.
delicatessen
Ranter Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 10:31:37 am »

I suspended TV programming 4 years ago and haven't looked back since.  What I can't live without can usually be had via electronic means anyway and my wife and I find that Hulu gives us the occasional Daily Show and the Debates (AKA. 2 Candidate Reinforcement Sessions) are available online.  People are complacent.  Ignorance truly IS bliss.  You know something's wrong but it's in this far far away haze and doesn't directly affect you.  It's a lot to handle.  After coming to grips with the mammoth level of control "they" exert on the world you have to ask yourself, is it only a matter of time?  We can try to convince pockets of close friends to the reality of things and there will be individuals such as Carrol Quigley, Chalmers Johnson, John Perkins, Ian R. Crane, Greg Palast and many more who are actively working to bring awareness to this "collaboration" (I refuse to call it conspiracy.  It's occurring real time and if people chose to dismissively brush it aside then let them continue their cozy illusion).  It's going to come down to self preparedness and staying as much out of the spotlight as possible.  If everything collapses then like minded people will need to pool their skills for a better shot at weathering what lies on the distant horizon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1lw1N5gTwI&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/v1lw1N5gTwI&rel=1</a>

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  - Goethe
Loopster
Ranter Level 5

Son Of Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:39 pm »

It's going to come down to self preparedness and staying as much out of the spotlight as possible.  If everything collapses then like minded people will need to pool their skills for a better shot at weathering what lies on the distant horizon.

I disagree. I think self preparedness is the answer for some situations but this situation is going to take an organized response from informed individuals. If the banks are the enemy (which they always have been) then the response must be more than equivalent to what they do. If they send ten people to the hospital with oil contamination, then we send twenty of theirs to the morgue. That is the way to win your freedom. Anything less is only going to put you next in line.

Do we need a one world government to have one world freedom?
delicatessen
Ranter Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:35:29 pm »

It's going to come down to self preparedness and staying as much out of the spotlight as possible.  If everything collapses then like minded people will need to pool their skills for a better shot at weathering what lies on the distant horizon.

I disagree. I think self preparedness is the answer for some situations but this situation is going to take an organized response from informed individuals. If the banks are the enemy (which they always have been) then the response must be more than equivalent to what they do. If they send ten people to the hospital with oil contamination, then we send twenty of theirs to the morgue. That is the way to win your freedom. Anything less is only going to put you next in line.

I guess I should have prefaced that what I described I view as the most likely to happen.  Do I see your point of view?  Absolutely.  However, one of the problems we're facing is a control of the public's perception.  While the people are dissatisfied with the "shit sandwich" we've been given, most of the lemmings will vote, go to work, "attempt" to pay their mortgage (should they still have one) and all the other aspects of life.  Of anyone tries to bring the system to it's knees through violent means I see them using the propaganda apparatus (i.e. mainstream news programming) to seize the opportunity to discredit whatever that person's goal was.  That is even if that person's ideals are truly presented to the masses.  Sure they'll know that someone was delivered a pseudo sentence by a vigilante but they will by and large be put off by such an act and distance themselves from individuals espousing identical positions.   

They hide behind this artificial construct of civil society and the masses of police/security forces who will protect them if this goes mainstream.  If a few of them get offed, I doubt they will willingly come to the bargaining table with intent to appease the few "profane" useless eaters who are angry.  Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with you.  I just feel the likelihood of it occurring is low and it bringing about the change in the system even less so.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: