« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:51:04 pm by newsrealx » Logged
cimmerian
Media Producer
Administrator
Ranter Level 5

Don't hate the media, become the media.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »

I'm very impressed! Great voice, presentation and intro, love it. :-)

James O'Brien (Cimmerian)
http://rantmedia.ca/
Mindgrinder
Ranter Level 5

Karma Pirate Ninja Jedi Negative Energy Vampire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:16:59 pm »

News Real will never be replaced. Sean Kennedy will never be replaced.

Coulda fooled me.
Good job.
+K
Do it again.

Grinder

I took both pills just to see what would happen and chased it with a 5'th of Magellan Tears.  HUZZAH!
Mindgrinder
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:06 pm »

Have some info-ammo.

In Unusually Good News...
http://www.examiner.com/computers-in-denver/house-kills-sopa

Obama Says So Long SOPA, Killing Controversial Internet Piracy Legislation
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/01/16/obama-says-so-long-sopa-killing-controversial-internet-piracy-legislation/

PIPA still a major threat and already in Senate thought...

Grinder

I took both pills just to see what would happen and chased it with a 5'th of Magellan Tears.  HUZZAH!
destined
Ranter Level 5

Throw any thing at the swirl and see where it goes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »

Wow, this is interesting and good. Hope you continue.... Is this Wiandii? I think I remember hearing him from the past...
D/\taM/\gg0t_mk1
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:33:47 pm »

Downloading...  Keep it up!
destined
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 01:41:18 am »

I'll respect the choice to remain silent on your identity. Though I'll tell you that I feel like I've heard this voice before somewhere in the RR hallowed grounds and can't put a finger on whom. And will not push the envelope to figure out whom.

Do you have a website, email address or would even like news submissions and please tell us to send them where??

And you make me so inspired though I feel like a schmuck for not having the balls to do what you did, even though I paraded around the forums saying I was going to record some thing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:42:54 am by destined » Logged
destined
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:06:01 am »

This is one of the best current SOPA editorials I have heard in some time. And I'm not a person who usually posts Techdirt articles. But this one was so good! This basically says we are far from done. We need to make sure that these bills or like minded ideas NEVER see the light of day....

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120116/14480017423/sopapipa-how-far-weve-come-how-far-we-need-to-go

This one includes a video of Rick Cotton a corporate lawyer from NBCUniversal defending sopa and Reddit Co-founder Alexis Ohanian who had small time of rebuttal. This piece is more about the 3/4 time that Rick got in front of this msnbc video crew uttering the dumb and obvious factual errors....

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120116/01350817412/lies-nbcuniversals-rick-cotton-about-sopapipa.shtml
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:14:57 am by destined » Logged
LightReaper23
Ranter Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

Lovin the first epidode, mate. Your execution is impressive and the intro? Love how you mixed in some Sean K with it. You seem to have the energy and passion of voice to grab attention. You came on strong and agreed nobody can replace Sean but you're quite a strong second contender with a great format paying proper homage to the original show while making it your own. Look forward to future eps as they're released.
destined
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:16 am »

Smiley Newsrealx, I almost moved to Saranac Lake, NY about four years ago. I did research for two or three years but two housing situations didn't work out and I was not going to push it any further... I have multiple friends from around the Northern New York and  new england area, so I may have heard about you from them.

Either way, its no big deal. I'll just take you at your word and not push the issue of your identity. And thank you for putting out a new version of Newsreal in your own way....

One short thing. Thank you for the email address. I saw your facebook group though I have so many, I decided not to join it. I can communicate further via email.

Editin: MindGrinder, do you think you and I have ENOUGH stories to keep him busy?? :-P
Mindgrinder
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »

Editin: MindGrinder, do you think you and I have ENOUGH stories to keep him busy?? :-P

Dude...I read at least 20 newspapers a day, digg and fark, ppca and watch the alex jones show.
Being awake sometimes sucks...

*tap tap*

G

fatNINJA
Ranter Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 02:18:14 pm »

Well... this is kind of a downer.  Me and the Renegade Rabbit were going to take a stab at creating a 'new' NewsReal.  But we've both been busy the past two weeks so we didn't get around to it.

Oh well, I wish you guy(s) luck!

Epex
Ranter Level 5

Dynamic Division Planner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 02:32:27 pm »

Well... this is kind of a downer.  Me and the Renegade Rabbit were going to take a stab at creating a 'new' NewsReal.  But we've both been busy the past two weeks so we didn't get around to it.

Oh well, I wish you guy(s) luck!
Bah you can still do your own, TFTAN has 7 original fan timelines. No one is going to die from a third NewsReal show, take what you like from the original NR and then make it your own.
There is no need to abandon your projects just because someone is doing their take on it.

I'M FABULOUS!
Mindgrinder
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 03:22:38 pm »

Bah you can still do your own, TFTAN has 7 original fan timelines. No one is going to die from a third NewsReal show, take what you like from the original NR and then make it your own.
There is no need to abandon your projects just because someone is doing their take on it.

QFT

Epex
Ranter Level 5

Dynamic Division Planner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 04:31:31 pm »

I also added NewsrealX to the WOG media archive.
http://smf.rantradio.com/index.php?topic=1769.msg21588#msg21588

I'M FABULOUS!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: