« on: March 22, 2012, 09:11:41 am »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:52:08 pm by newsrealx » Logged
exe
Ranter Level 5

testing avatar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:58:18 pm »

Nice

Them right wing nutjobs, always preach small state, cops in the streets and high penalties. But what do you get when you send ppl to jail to work for free as slaves? You get big government, the exact opposite of what they wanted. Hahaha thats so stupid..

When the government send ppl to jail, they, instead of taxing a fraction of your income, they tax 100% of your income, and the government gives that money to the prison owners.

A huge prison capacity = big government

"Its futile to dig in, if you cant prevent the enemys artilery to get within range"
Loopster
Ranter Level 5

Son Of Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 11:03:50 am »

You see at the end the cops walks up and starts asking everyone for their names and addresses. With out those he has NO JURISDICTION but those people don't realize it and start contracting immediately when they open their mouths. Never give your name or address unless you want what they are giving you. Simply say I am not contracting/conducting business with you. You can't be forced to contract no matter what the cop says.

Do we need a one world government to have one world freedom?
Nicotine
Ranter Level 5

W.A.R. - Wog Amateur Radio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:39:11 pm »

Ok, Devil's Advocate time...

So the group of reporters (at least four cameramen, and three others) were asked to go across the street, and instead they decided to stand on a median.  We don't see what took place until the reporters start filming, seemingly after whatever took place to get the officer pissed.  He is not asking them to leave, but just go across the street and out of the middle of the damn road.  Tongue

I agree 100% that this guy was out of line with some of his comments, but asking a large group of people to get out of the street is not unreasonable, and I have seen how quickly people are to start treating cops who are just doing their job like trash.

The only thing I can see for certain from that video is that a bunch of self important media jackoffs managed to provoke an officer into saying something stupid on camera, so they can play "Martyr of Free Speech" for a day and get some publicity from it.

"In retrospect, live ammo seems ill-advised for a bug-out drill."
Nicotine
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:21 pm »

There is a time and place to "take a stand".  When a police officer asks you to get out of the damn road is neither.

The Hospital asked them to get off Hospital grounds, which makes sense, they could end up being in the way in an emergency.  They no doubt got their panties in a wad that the hospital would dare give orders to the press.

So the move to the median.  Not the smartest thing to do, but I can understand how they might come to the decision to try setting up there.  So at this point we have a cluster of "reporters" standing around practically in the street, possibly already sour over having had to move once.

Along comes this Police officer, who was called down there when the reporters were blocking the hospital entrance.  He assesses the situation, sees a cluster of people standing on the median between two roads, and tells them they need to move to the sidewalk on the other side.  This makes perfect sense, and it would have been negligent for the officer NOT to remove them from the street.  Instead, the reporters "take a stand"... against what?  An officer showing concern for public safety?  The fact that reporters are not treated as Kings everywhere they go?  What was the point in their actions?

The reporters were NOT asked to stop filming, even when they were being intentionally obnoxious sticking cameras in the officer's face. (No doubt trying to provoke him to request just that)  They were not asked to leave, even though they were going out of their way to be a nuisance.  They were simply asked to move 5 feet to the other side of the road.  If my $100 Kodak 5mp easyshare camera can take video from the distance of 4 houses away, I'm sure their corporate sponsored, $$$$monies, professional grade cameras could film from across the street without a problem.

The only thing the cop has going against him are the comments he made, which are not even untrue.  He stated that you First Amendment right can be terminated based on location and whether or not you are being a jackass.  We could no doubt sit here and debate this all day, (that IS the law, but also an unconstitutional law is invalid, ect.) and both sides of the argument would be correct... technically speaking.  But even the SCOTUS upholds that the first can be subject to time and place.  So while we may disagree with the officer's statement on philosophical or legal grounds, we cannot really fault him for believing it is true.  Also worth noting, this has ZERO to do with the first amendment anyways, lol, since they are not being censored or asked not to film, just move out of the damn road!

I sure would like to see video of the confrontation from the beginning.  I'd be willing to bet my last dollar the officer started out being nice and friendly before these jackoffs started acting like pissed off angsty teenagers.

There are plenty of examples of "bad cops being dicks" to be found on the internet.  This is not one of them.

Loopster
Ranter Level 5

Son Of Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 11:03:11 am »

There is a time and place to "take a stand".  When a police officer asks you to get out of the damn road is neither.

Well bozo the clown can ask them to move also but that doesn't mean he has the authority to enforce it. Cops have no more authority than any of us do (according to the law) but they think they do, and whats worse, the people think so too. I bet you think that cops have more rights than us peasants.

The only thing the cop has going against him are the comments he made, which are not even untrue.  He stated that you First Amendment right can be terminated based on location and whether or not you are being a jackass.  We could no doubt sit here and debate this all day, (that IS the law, but also an unconstitutional law is invalid, ect.) and both sides of the argument would be correct... technically speaking.  But even the SCOTUS upholds that the first can be subject to time and place.  So while we may disagree with the officer's statement on philosophical or legal grounds, we cannot really fault him for believing it is true.  Also worth noting, this has ZERO to do with the first amendment anyways, lol, since they are not being censored or asked not to film, just move out of the damn road!

The press (and me and you) have just as much of a right to be there as the cop or anyone else for that matter as you are no doubt aware but I think they are right for standing up to the cop. Why not show him his place as a public servant?
I think that is the important lesson to learn from all of this. Expect to see a lot more of this kind of stuff in the near future as people get more repressed. Our prison system is bigger than Stalin's gulag at the height of its power. Lets flip this bitch over! woo hoo!

Nicotine
Ranter Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:23:23 am »

Still has nothing to do with the First Amendment.  Grin

Expect to see a lot more of this kind of stuff in the near future as people get more repressed. Our prison system is bigger than Stalin's gulag at the height of its power. Lets flip this bitch over! woo hoo!
Given Loop's point regarding Police as Civil Servants and the limits of authority, yada yada.. How is "you need to get out of the street, how about standing on that sidewalk over there, yeah go ahead and film, that's fine.. just move slightly please" repressive?  Are they being victimized by having their right to upset emergency traffic being violated?  What about the rights of those who may need quick, unobstructed access to that hospital?

Even IF that cop had no more authority to ask them to move then Jack Nobody (and that's a big IF) why would you pick a fight over it?  How does a person's thought process go from a guy asking you not to stand in the street to "ZOMG! THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE STALIN'S OPPRESSIVE REIGN!  LET'S SET SOMETHING ON FIRE!" *slight paraphrasing used.  Wink

Even if I was willing to say this cop is the worst type of oppressive jerk to ever fill a uniform (which I am not, by any means) this video STILL shows the "reporters" acting more like unreasonable jackoffs than it does the officer.  The type of people that pick a fight with a cop, just because he's a cop, and then whine about how oppressed they are.  Loop I know you to be a very well read, very intelligent individual.  I'm surprised to see you siding with these guys.  (not surprised at your input necessarily, and definitely not surprised by your stance on "authority", but surprised you support this kind of asshattery.)

Loopster
Ranter Level 5

Son Of Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 11:56:06 am »

Well why not? I am a big fan of chaos and I kind of like people standing up to assholes. I agree that the press is a weak pathetic reflection of what we should have and maybe that's why I want them standing up to this guy or anyone else. It gives me a flashback to the times when the press was fearless in the face of flying bullets or black boots. Sure its pointless and stupid but sometimes little sparks can start larger fires. I guess that is what I would like to see... especially since I am going for a job interview at a newspaper in a short while.

BTW, its much worse than Stalin's regime, not this story, but in general we have surpassed his gulag system.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: